Saturday, October 27, 2012

Minty Sweet - Fall Festivals OOTD

SOOOOOO. T'is the weekend! On the weekend, I'm as busy as I am on the weekdays. I have Korean school in the morning and I usually have volunteer opps later. Today I volunteered at a fall festival, which was super fun, and I got 3 hours of volunteer service woop woop! :D
Anyways. I really really liked this outfit because it had that kinda spring feel because mint was all the rad in the springtime yet I inverted it to a fall feel with the jeans and scarves and boots and - well let's just get into it shall we?



On top, I wore a classic mint green sweater, this is a greattt piece, it's very soft and warm, especially since I had to stand outside in the cold for like 3 hours! I wore a white scarf over this- the white and mint blend very well since they are both more cool toned. The scarf adds a somewhat touch of delicacy and feminine sweetness to the look, as it is open knit and trails down a lot because of its tassels.

Here is the scarf in closer detail.^^


To add some warmth to this outfit I also layered a very warm cashmere beret style beanie. It's a camel color which will show up later in the outfit. Color scheme of this outfit? Almost forgot. Variations of blue (mint and dark blue later on), and today, I mixed neutrals- mostly browns/golds, and black and white as you saw.


I also wore a crossbody bag- have tons of stuff to carry and wanna do it in comfort! This is a gold color, which goes great with the camel colored hat I wore. What I like about this bag is that it's kind of metallic so it's cool and warm toned at the same time (metallics are cool, while gold is a warm color).

The jeans I wore were a nice sophisticated dark blue which really went because the contrasting color of blue is yellow, and brown and gold are just variations of that color so it fit perfectly.

I just wore this bracelet as well- the famous cream/gold one I always wear way too much to tie the look together. The gold is perfect. Perfect piece, really :D

And for shoes, I just re-wore the boots I wore yesterday, the black Tommy Hilfiger ones. I thought they contrasted nicely with the white scarf so it really seals the look in- white on top, black on bottom.
I was going to wear brown boots- I have tall heeled ones or chunky booties from Bass but I haven't dug out all the winter shoes yet, which I really should do.

Sweater- Forever 21
Scarf- Unknown
Jeans- Rewind
Purse- Kipling
Hat- TJMaxx
Bracelet- Banana Republic
Boots- Tommy Hilfiger

I hope you guys are really getting into the fall feeling as much as I am :D I love fall!

-Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment