Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Homecoming Spirit Week! - Tuesday - Decade Day

As you saw from last post, this whole week is themed, as it is homecoming week! :D Today was Decade Day- so you could wear clothing themed after the 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, or 90s. I kind of went for the 40s through 60s era.. (more of the 50's) this era was very feminine and focused on dresses that accentuated the woman's hourglass figure- somewhat pin up girl style.

(**By the way, I am not that short. I was bending over:))
(* Yes those are glasses I am holding. I took off my contacts!)

Anyways the color theme I followed today is mainly red-blue-black. I love my dress because it is quite feminine, it has a classic high neckline and an hourglass waist (which you can't really see because I was bending over to get into the camera frame). I'll get more into that later.

The shoes I wore today were a recent purchase but I absolutely LOVEE IT! It's a beautiful bright but vampy sort of red, perfect for fall and they are REALLY comfortable. They are platforms and the black soles give the look of creeper shoes (reminds me of the fashion vlogger clothesencounters!) which remind me of the 90's grungy style- yet its really feminine because of its color and shape. Since its platform, but not heel, it's comfortable while giving me a few inches on my height :)

The dress I wore, as I mentioned was quite classic. It has an accentuated hourglass figure, tied together by a beautiful bow in the front. I think it captured the 50s style in a modern way. I threw a short bolero-style cardi over it, in a black color to balance the look with the black soled shoes (I love matching!)



For accessories, I put on my classic BCBG red bracelet, with the lettering "True <3" (true love).

To match the silver on my bracelet, I put on a very simple diamond flower necklace.

For hair, I was going to curl my hair, but hey- what can I say? I didn't have time in the morning today :P So simple, messy ponytail it was. I still think it looked really pretty and doll-like in the end.
For makeup, I stayed simple as always and put a muted darker-berry toned red lip (although you cannot really see it in the previous pictures).

Dress- Abercrombie and Fitch
Shoes- ZigiSoho (Nordstrom Rack)
Bolero- Target
Necklace- Gift
Bracelet- BCBGeneration

I hope I can make more daily OOTDs for the rest of spirit week! Tomorrow is Superhero Day, but I don't have anything superhero.. so I might end up skipping out on that one- if I DO upload an OOTD tomorrow, it probably will not be superhero themed, but anyways...

Don't forget to subscribe and follow <3

-Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment