Friday, October 26, 2012

Homecoming Spirit Week! - Thursday - Nerd Day

So, yesterday, it was Nerd Day! Time to embrace the inner nerd - I am one already  ;D 
Anyways I was kinda curious.. what do the actual legit nerds think of this? 
(Wednesday was Superhero Day, which I skipped out on because I didn't have anything remotely super hero like).
This outfit consists of nerdy chic. It actually is really a cool and preppy style lately- which blows my mind, in a good way :D
Some people went all out nerd with suspenders and everything but I decided to keep it in a way that was still- I dunno, realistic?



So these glasses as you can see- are pretty awesome. Haha they're basically sunglasses that I popped the lenses out of. I really liked the style actually- I might wanna get nerd glasses as prescription! Anyways, as you can see, they're really big classic black frames with hot pink sides- which you will see will be tied in later in the rest of the outfit- can't forget my OCD matching!

As you can see, I just left my hair in a messy ponytail. I wore a dress shirt that was light pin-striped blue, which you can't really see in the picture.. I don't know if you can see, but there is also the Hollister logo on the pocket, which is a slight reddish color. You will see shades of red and pink throughout this outfit; I did not just match a single shade of pink and single shade of blue, but the color scheme this time is rather variations of blue x variations of pink/red. 
You can see the dress shirt more clearly in this shirt. I tucked it in, but in the back I left it out to give it a messy touch and create an illusion of a high low hem to give it a modern touch. I rolled up the sleeves and left some buttons some open to give it a pulled together classic-modern-preppy look. I wore a brown belt on my straight leg blue jeans to add some warmth to the look - since pink/red is a warmer tone it matched quite well. It also contains silver so it will match my necklace (shown later) and match the cool tone of the blue of the dress shirt. 

I wore the same bracelet as I did on Monday, you will see I re-wear jewelry pieces A LOT. Especially bracelets, since I have a limited amount of high - quality ones. This one really works because the cream and gold add warmth and match the belt I wore. 

The picture turned out really blurry. But basically, the necklace I wore was a simple silver friendship necklace- nerds aren't alone ;) The silver adds to the cool tone and matches the belt buckle that I wore. Also, it has a pink jewel that matches my glasses.

The shoes I wore with this outfit are a much loved favorite of mine. They're really cute, preppy sneakers. They have a red and blue and white plaid design- red represents the variation of red in the outfit, and blue- the blue in the outfit. It really ties the whole outfit together. It also has brown "leather" trim that matches the belt and warm tones of the jewelry I wore earlier. Also, it has a few inches in it's platform so it makes me feel taller!

Glasses- Gift
Button Down- Hollister
Jeans- Kohls
Belt- Liz Claiborne
Bracelet- Banana Republic
Necklace- Claire's
Shoes- Ralph Lauren

I hope you enjoyed this whole "nerdy style". :) I'll be uploading my Class Colors OOTD for Friday soon. Stay tuned <3

-Angela 

No comments:

Post a Comment