Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Ivy League Love- Midterms Casual OOTD

With midterms and end-of-semester tests coming up, everyone's been getting so stressed. During these times, I love to just go into the casual attire.. especially the with cold weather, casual is really easy to pull off in a cute way.

So I didn't name this post Ivy League love without a reason! Today the shirt I have on is a thermal/sweater with the lettering- Cornell in big red letters down the side. Since it's a thermal/sweater it's really warm and I love how the lettering goes down the side- it lengthens the body a lot. Cornell is an Ivy league that I used to live really near up in New York!


Warning. This is a pretty casual outfit! :D Hehe. I love casual. So for my bottoms, I went with some classic black leggings. 
Leggings. Hm. One of the biggest fashion style controversies. Is it a do or don't to wear leggings as pants? For the longest time, I was like "don't, don't, don't". But I think, if worn in the right way, and in a classy way, some people can pull it off. As casual attire it definitely works- I think it would've been cuter if these leggings were white-and-black tribal print (I have yet to find such leggings such as those) but classic black works with color scheme of black-red-white, as there are black borders around the Cornell red lettering. 
The Cornell thermal/sweater is long, so I thought it was acceptable to wear with leggings. As long as the shirt/sweater you're wearing covers your bottom, I think leggings are not too indecent to wear. 


To add some edge and trend to an otherwise laid back look, I threw a leather jacket on, it has silver zippers and detailing, which I adore, and it's red- which definitely goes with the color scheme and adds some warmth to the look! It's also a very unexpected color compared to black and brown leather jackets.

The following are the accessories I wore with this- re-used pictures, sorry guys! Anyways, pretty self explanatory, red and matching as always.
\

For shoes, I AGAIN wore my Tommy Hilfiger boots. One thing you will notice about me is that I love to rewear items. I dunno. I believe in purchasing quality material and wearing it over and over again. I wear em out (: I love wearing black boots with black leggings because it really lengthens the legs.

Shirt- Cornell
Leggings- Target
Necklace- Claire's
Bracelet- BCBGeneration
Boots- Tommy Hilfiger
Jacket- JouJou (TJMaxx)

I'm kind of not in schedule, but hopefully I will get back into it!

If any of you are having midterms soon, good luck!!

Back to studying..

-Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment