Friday, October 26, 2012

Homecoming Spirit Week! - Friday - Class Colors

So today was the theme of class colors. I'm Class of 2016 (freshman.). Our class color?

Grey. YEAH. Out of all colors. But I can work with it. :) Plus, I think it changes every year, so next year, hopefully our color will be more exciting. :D

Anyways, I was going to go with a grey shirt and red pants so it would really pop. But today was the real bite of first chilly fall air, and it went down to the 60s from the usual 80s and 70s (sometimes 90s!). It was cloudy all day- and it's a weird thing of mine, but I like to mimic the weather. I take cues and inspiration from nature!

So I kind of mixed grey and black into my outfit and threw in a pop of color in the form of red- you might be like, Angela, you're too obsessed with red.
I think it's a really powerful color and a great color to utilize in the fall. :)

Anyways the basics of what I wore was a REALLY comfortable sweatshirt/hoodie (I'm in love. It is so warm and fuzzy) with black stovepipe jeans.

The boots I wore are black leather boots from Tommy Hilfiger that go up mid-calf, with a low heel. It blends in with my black skinnies so it streamlines the look- which I was going for, because the hoodie is so loose on the top, I like to go more tight on the bottom. I would've worn leggings, but I decided jeans would be better on a cold day.
Another reason why I chose these jeans were- LOOK AT THIS POCKET DETAILING. You can't see very well (because my camera quality sucks)but it has silver accents- and AS YOU KNOW, I LOVE TO MATCH. So my color scheme is grey-black-red, and I was able to incorporate grey in the form of silver on my pants :)




My sweater was like my absolute FAVORITE PART. Cuz it's super warm, cozy and fuzzy. It's still comfy chic as it has cute buttons and a nice classic quality about it. I really love the whole comfy cool look for fall. I dunno, just me? Anyways. Pretty self explanatory.


This is another repeated jewelry piece, my red bracelet with the silver lettering TRUE LOVE. Adorable haha. Reminds me of how fall is the cuddling season... #foreveralone.
Anyways, this is the pop of color to my outfit, plus the silver matches my grey! PERFECTO. It gets even better.

My necklace is a red heart necklace, a friendship necklace actually that I've had for a long time, you guys will see this a lot, I over- wear it way too much!
It also creates that pop of red and I love how it peeks out under the hoodie. The silver chain also adds to the grey scheme.
You can also see the blue-white hood, which I absolutely adore because it gives it a fresh, nautical, preppy vibe.

Another way I styled this look was pairing this silver-white scarf over the sweater, which gives it an AWESOME look- kind of reminds me of icicles and snow and coldness, and it's just so fresh. :)

Sweater- Abercrombie and Fitch
Jeans- Arizona
Necklace- Claire's
Bracelet- BCBGeneration
Boots- Tommy Hilfiger
Scarf- Forever 21

Anyways. That's how I styled my look- which could be considered a very.. lazy day look hahaha.

Homecoming week is now done, but I shall continue to try to upload an OOTD on an almost-daily basis! Unfortunately, this year, there's no homecoming dance. And the homecoming game- we WON. YAY :D

Love all you.

-Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment