Monday, October 22, 2012

Homecoming Spirit Week! - Monday - Neon Day

This week is homecoming, and every day is a different theme.
Today, Monday, it was NEON DAY. :) I wanted to make my outfit pop, but not be too extravagant- so I focused the pop of color just in my tank and played down the rest of my outfit.
I've been really busy, so sorry for not posting! I'm going to be trying to do at least a couple OOTDs each week. This week should be fun fashion wise because it is all themed.

NEON.


ARTSYY photo. So I kept my hair messy and tousled, all natural- I wanted this look to look very casual and athletic in a way :)

(My hair looks a mess. Ahahaha). For my top, I went with a neon, bright, highlighter pink tank. It's quite simple, with a flowy figure and a racerback in the back with an exposed golden zipper, which gives the neon vibe a more warm affect. As you can tell, I am also wearing a navy blue cami underneath- want to keep it school appopriate and the pink really pops on the blue (my jeans are also the same shade of blue, so it really stands out).

I wore navy blue jeggings to really create a monotone effect under the neon pink tank. I think it was quite classic and simple really. The loose flowy tank over the skinny legging-like jeans also creates a slimming effect.

For shoes, I went with my classic Calvin Klein flats, the silver brings out the cool tones of the neon color, which is also offsetted by the gold detailing of the zipper on the tank and the accessories which I will show you.


The necklace I wore is a great piece, given to me by a friend. It's a long chain, which streamlines the flowy figure of the tank, as it is a sharp V form. The necklace itself is a bronzy gold color (in the picture, it looks tinted with blue, which is not like it at all), which gives it a nice rustic look to it. It has an engraved owl - which I love.

What I love about this necklace that it also opens up to a clock! Unfortunately it does not work anymore...


And for "arm candy", I went with a simple cream/gold bracelet that definitely brings out the warmth in the outfit, making it a great fall-to-summer transition piece (by the way, it is still upper 80s here, so the weather is perfect for this type of clothing).

Tank- Love On a Hanger (Nordstrom Rack)
Cami- Ann Taylor
Flats- Calvin Klein
Necklace- Gift
Bracelet- Banana Republic

This is not a complex outfit, but it's a way to start. Hopefully I can post many more OOTDs each week and get into a routine. For now, this is all- I hope you liked my neonwear for today's spirit day. :)

-Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment