Friday, January 4, 2013

My New Years Eve Nails

Hey guys! I don't think I showed you my New Years nails. I really liked them so I thought I'd share. 
For Christmas, I got a new camera which is much more high quality than what I used to take these pictures so don't worry, the quality will get better! 
Anyways, for New Years, people usually go for a silver or goldish color, but I decided to go with a really icy blue!



It looks really cool, and kind of ice princess-y :D I bet it would look great for fair skin as well. It's just an awesome winter look.

I actually mixed two different colors to achieve the look!
I used an awesome foil silver color from Revlon (Silver Dollar) as the base and used a really pretty sheer blue color over top after it had dried- it's so sheer on its own but soo pretty when layered over silver. It has really tiny rainbow microglitter to add dimension as well. This nail polish is from Wet n Wild in the color Blue Wants To Be A Millionaire. 

Since my nails are so delicate, I always use a base coat. I usually use the Sally Hansen Miracle Cure, which is great. It's very simple and seems to protect my nails very well. The nail look lasted for about five days, which is a good amount for me.

I really liked this look and probably will repeat it again during the course of winter (:

Angela.

9 comments:

  1. I love Blue wants to be a millionare, what a pretty polish!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is perfect for NYE, very blingy and shimmery! I wouldn't have thought to layer 2 foil polishes on top of each other, but it seems like a great idea, especially if one of them is on the sheer side :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! If you have any sheer nail polishes, layering it over a metallic one just adds dimension and creates an awesome dynamic duo :)

      Delete
  3. Glitter polish is so much fun! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. These colors are so pretty! I love glitter in my nail polish!


    http://mindy13579.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Only the most beautiful dresses clavonna ross mayer all gowns reviews are thought for a perfect beauty like you!Let us buy sexy dresses for great day.
    http://www.clavonna.com

    ReplyDelete