Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Happy New Years!

Sorry for being so M.I.A! I was just super busy in December because of finals, then I was on vacation, then Christmas happened, and then New Years. :P How'd you guys spend your holiday season? And mostly, what was your New Years resolution? My 2013 resolution is to write more. I'm very interested in English literature, so I just want to take some time out of my life to just write. Write poems, stories, on here, and start my diary up again. I used to write obsessively in a diary for most of my life, but I quit during middle school, so now, I am starting back up again! I'll definitely try to write on here more.

New Years was pretty awesome. I just spent it with the fam, and in the day, me and a few of my friends went out shopping, which was very fun :) I did a tutorial on a formal New Years look on my YouTube channel, if you'd like to check it out.
For my outfit, I went with a super simple but really cute black dress from Alfani that is very cute and modest at the same time because it is mid-thigh length and quarter sleeves. The sleeves have ruching, which you can't see, but it adds a very cute, girly touch. The thing about this dress that makes it very special is the pocket detailing, which is very silvery with really glam silver beading that just screams new years. I went with a classic string pearl bracelet and an Ann Taylor diamond-and-pearl bow statement necklace to balance off the somewhat plainess of the top part of the dress. Since it can be chilly, I wore black stockings with heart detailing, which is really cute and flirty!

The makeup isn't done justice in these pictures. It's a beautiful simple look, with dark blue eyeshadow in the outer V of the eye and brought a little along the crease (Goddess and Haight from the Urban Decay Book of Shadows Volume III palette, which I got for Christmas! You can see what else I got at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cv4t78QunM&list=UUZ1pI68BQ--iuRHPucBC0AQ&index=4) and balanced off the look with gold color in the inner lid, as a blue-silver eye look would look too clown-ish in my opinion (Midnight Cowboy Rides Again from Urban Decay Book of Shadows Vol III and True Gold Loose Pigment from Bare Minerals). It can also serve as a metaphor.. because New Years Eve is the most important night of the year, and the turning of the day is captured by this eye look with the blue turning to gold. I highlighted the inner corner of the bottom rim- it obviously makes a difference and makes my eyes shine very bright.. I used NYX Exquisite Garnet Glam Eyeshadow Stick and then used a glitter black eyeliner from NYC to rim the outer part of my eyes and my eyelid to add some definition. I balanced the look with an ombre cranberry lip (Loreal Lipstick Pure Burgundy and MAC Lip Conditioner Virtuous Violet).

If you want to see how I created the whole look then check out my tutorial:


2012 has truly been an amazing year! I will be launching a new blog on movie, book, and all things media reviews so be looking out for that!

It's really hard to balance a blog and a YouTube and figure out what I should upload to each, but I hope you guys can be patient with that. Maybe in the future I'll just translate everything I did in a video to a post, like I did above. For instance, favorites videos! My December 2012 favorites were really long so I won't do a post on that just yet, but if you want to check it out, its at : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJvcUzEAp6k.

I also made YouTube partner, which explains the fancy thumbnails. Thats a big step considering I don't like to self promote, so I'm quite proud. Thanks all of you guys who are subscribers or just followers of this blog, I really appreciate all the support!

See you next time!

Angela.

4 comments: