Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Simple Light Summer OOTD+NOTD

Hey guys! It's Angie...;) Originally... this post was supossed to go up yesterday... awkward....
But you know, I was busy! But here it is. This OOTD (Outfit Of The Day) features gray and white as neutrals and a bunch of bright colors, because neons are in for summer (the colors aren't exactly neon.. but colors in general are very IN.).

The material of the clothing in this OOTD is very light, so it won't weigh you down in the summer. In the summer, it's great to not layer with clothing, but with accessories. This time, however, I layered clothing, but not that much with accessories (though I AM obsessed with arm candy/arm swag, which is also a huge trend). When you layer clothing, make sure to pick materials that are very breathable, or else you'll be sweating a ton and not looking as fashionable as you thought you would look like...

Anyways so let's get started. 




Haha okay so first of all, that is not my OOTD, that plain grey tank top. I'm just doing this in order so you can see the process of the layering! #clever And I'll be listing where I got the individual item below each picture.

Grey Tank top-Gap 

^Like so. Not that hard right? Hahaha. But seriously, I love the tank top. It is seriously the most lightest thing ever.


Now, I put on this white short sleeve cardi above it. It's great because it's a sheer material so it feels really cool to the touch, AND its short sleeve. It's perfect for summer, and for when you wear tank tops/dresses to school (to make it school appropriate!)

White cardi- Aenoc from Korea


This outfit is basically a ton of neutrals PLUS a pop of color. The pop of color? You guessed it. The scarf. I love this scarf. These kind of scarves are very sheer and light, and they are called spring/summer scarves, and.. super fashionable hehehe. The scarf has a color scheme of red, pink, and yellow, which you will see later on in this outfit.

Scarf- Van Hausen


The shorts are white, to go with the cardi and to stay with the neutral pallete. If you really want an accessory to pop (the scarf in this case) you should go for a mixed neutral pallete for the rest of your outfit, along with some complimetary pieces (which will show below..)

Shorts-Yaso


This bracelet...okay let's take a break here. I LOVE THIS BRACELET. I actually got it not that long ago... I've been wanting this since forever. It's a true staple piece in any arm candy/swag collection, and really cute as well. The YouTuber Meghan from meghanrosette actually introduced me to this. Anyways, since my outfit is really simple, I decided to go with simplistic arm candy, in this case, this bracelet. It is red (obviously...) to go with the red dots on the scarf, and has silver lettering to go with the grey tank top. Jewelry is really easy to figure out with outfits, if it is more cool toned, go with silver. If it is more warm toned, go with gold. And this outfit is obviously more cool toned, with the whites and greys as neutral, so this bracelet really works. And you know what makes it even more cute? That this bracelet says TRUE HEART on it. Seriously. To die for.

Bracelet- BCBGeneration from Dillards


Super duper cute so I just HAD to put another picture. Hahaha.




These are pictures of the full look, I wish I could've done it outside in natural lighting, but at the time it was night.. hehe I hope that the lighting is decent. As you can see, it's a very light and casual look, yet it has that put together feel... Great for those simple summer activities when you wanna stay cool but trendy. :)


For shoes, I paired them with my trusty silver (again, the color silver goes with cool tone and grey tank and silver accented arm swag) flats.

Flats- Calvin Klein



For my nails (actually toenails.. haha I'm trying to nourish my fingernails back to health so in the meantime... toenails it is!) I used the polishes above. Pink and brown are complimentary colors in the fashion world, so I did a modern update and paired coral with gold. 

Gold Nail Polish- Orly- Luxe
Coral Nail Polish- Mineral Fusion- Coral Reef


That's the nail look I did with the color scheme, it's technically can't even be qualified for "nail art"! It's just all the nails painted the coral color with gold tip on the big thumb toe or whatever you call it :P I love the color pairing, it's completely summary and coral is great for both spring AND summer. 

So yeah, that's my entire look! It's really simple so if you were expecting something extravagant.. well ;) Don't worry, I have a weird style so their will be MANY different OOTDs and blog posts to come. By the way, be looking out for 4th of July looks, on here on the blog from Maddie, and on YouTube from me. 

And clearing up some confusion here...

Thanks everybody for following, wow 6 followers already! Hehehe even though that may not seem like a lot, it seems like a lot to us ;) So keep it up! For those of you who are confused, there is a followers widget on the site right next to the posts. You will see all the followers and above it, you will see a "Join This Site" and then a popup will show up, asking you to log in your Google (which means either your Gmail or Google+ account, anything owned by Google), twitter, Yahoo!, AIM, Netlog, or OpenID to follow the site. Obviously, this is a lot of sites so there should be no excuse to follow ;) Some people are confused however- you DO NOT need to have a Blogger account to follow. You can just sign into Google or whatever and then it will show up on a dashboard whenever you visit Blogger. It may sound confusing... but it's easy to figure out once you get used to it. :)

Also, if that seems to confusing for you, or you easily forget sites that you like to check back on, then there will be a widget below that says "Follow by Email", which is much easier. You enter your email (don't worry, there's no spam) and it will send you email alerts whenever someone posts on this blog so you can stay updated. It is very easy!

And don't forget to comment as well. You can sign in with your Google, LiveJournal, WordPress, TypePad, AIM, or OpenID to comment. 

Wow okay that was a lot.

Hahaha well see you soon, leave me a comment and tell me what your favorite part of the outfit was! :)

____________________________
Contact Me and Keep In Touch:

Subscribe to me on YouTube! youtube.com/anghizzle (anghizzle) 

Tweet me on Twitter! https://twitter.com/chochalista (@chochalista)

Email me if you are a company wishing to send me products to review: chochalista@gmail.com

Email US both if you have any questions or comments or if you are a company wishing to send us products to review: chochalistas@gmail.com

_____________________________

Thankss guys :) 

-Angie <3

No comments:

Post a Comment